The fire cracks and pops in our fireplace at our apartment in Lakewood, Washington. Outside, the sun is hidden behind clouds and the evergreens, leaving a gray cast upon our neighborhood. Trees sigh with relief as their red, yellow and brown leaves fall to the wet sidewalks.
I am comfortable and cozy in my warm socks, drinking a cup of coffee, thinking back on Friday night when Matt and I danced a solo Foxtrot to Michael Buble’s “Moondance” at the studio where we first met. He surprised me at the end of our dance and dropped down on one knee, presented a gorgeous ring and asked me to marry him!
I said yes!!
Love has been pouring in from friends and family all across social media. I am feeling grateful to spend Thanksgiving in California with friends and family, and share the wonderful news.
I am moved beyond words by this man. There is so much about him that I am grateful for.
It was difficult to come up with only 10 things, but here are 10 specific things that he does that I’m thankful for…
- He dances with me spontaneously, anywhere at any given time.
- He brings me a glass of wine after a long day.
- Cooks the best steak and potatoes, ever!
- Tucks me in and kisses me goodnight when I turn in early like an old woman.
- Calls me on his way to and from work just to hear my voice, until he walks in the front door.
- Accepts me for all of my silly, “Damn it, Amanda” moments.
- Inspires and encourages me to write.
- Shares my love of doing absolutely nothing on our days off but cuddle in our PJ’s with our Australian Shepherd, Titan.
- Despite our adoration for being lazy, he shares the same ambition as mine to get outside, play around the park, welcome adventures and one day travel outside of the states.
- He embraces life to the fullest and spreads joy to everyone around him.